Sunday, November 11, 2007

The latest.

This is a picture that was taken at our friends Hugh & Hollie Carson's house. It appeared on their blog recently, but it was so good I wanted to share it with all of you. Hugh works at Wal-Mart with Justin, so Hollie and I get together on Monday nights. She and Hugh have a little girl Laney. I can't wait for Abigail to be mobile so that she and Laney can be playmates. Right now that are just really interested in each other.





Abigail and daddy love to watch Sunday afternoon football before Justin leaves for work. This girl is already a fan. Now we just have to teach her to say "Go Vols."









Jen Grady, a friend of mine and my replacement at in the Admissions office, made Abigail several hair bows as a baby gift. Since Abigail doesn't have any hair, we had to come up with another idea - a headband. Abigail decided to model it for us. HOW CUTE!




There are two toys that Abigail has taken to, a pink snuggle blanket and this pink baby doll. She was cuddling with her on the changing table and we just had to get a picture.






So sweet!









We didn't dress Abigail up for Halloween, but wanted her to wear this cute outfit. However, when I put it on her the pants were way too short for her. I had to take at least one picture of her in it. She matches her room decor.





I feel like it has been a while since I have posted an update, so I am not sure where to begin.

Abigail continues to amaze us each day as she grows and develops. She is such a big girl in more ways than one. We went to the doctor last week, and she is approaching 17 pounds - what a big girl! (By the way, she isn't even 4 months old. WOW!) She is getting so strong. She loves to sit up. She can sit on her own, but just for a moment. However, give her your fingers to hold on to and she will sit for ten minutes. She is so curious. She loves to look around. She will lean forward in the car seat and in the stroller to see what is passing by. She also loves to find Justin when he calls her name from across the room. Her eyes get really big and she will turn her head to find him. We love to make her laugh. I will give her lots of kisses on her neck and she will laugh until she has the hiccups. Justin will do anything, and I do mean anything, to get her to laugh. It is so fun to watch the two of them together. He loves her so much! We just graduated her into size 3 diapers, size 6-9 month clothes, and size 2 shoes. She is certainly a daddy's girl. I can't believe she is almost 4 months old! What a joy the last 4 months have been.

Justin has enjoyed the last couple of weeks with minimal responsibility at school. It has been great to get to spend the evenings with him. It has also provided the oppertunity to catch up with some friends. We are still pursuing church planting oppertunties. Please pray for us in this regard. The options seem endless. But, we know that direction will come in the Lord's timing. Right now we are looking forward to the end of the semester and time to visit family and friends in Tennessee. I know Justin is looking forward to a break from work and school. Speaking of work, he has done so well. He earned his first bonus for efficiency at work. I am so thankful for a husband that is willing to do whatever it takes to provide for his family.

This weekend was Mistletoe Market, the craft show that Tara (my former co-worker) and I were making wreaths for. We had a great time, but were a little disappointed in the turnout. We are planning to participate in the seminary craft show the first weekend in December to hopefully sell all of the wreaths that we made. I am including a couple of pictures of the wreaths that we made to give you an idea of what I have been up to.





































2 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

She's adorable! Thanks for the update!

The first wreath on the door is my favorite!

Leah F said...

Jackey-
My wreath looks amazing on my door! I hope you and Tara have great success at the SEBTS Craft and Bake Sale--you deserve it!
Leah