Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Our first family vacation.

Justin, Abigail and I just took our first family vacation to Williamsburg, VA. I must admit that I was a little nervous. You just never know what to expect with a little one. But, we had such a great time. Justin and I had to stop and laugh on several occasions at how different it is to travel with a baby. Our 3 hour road trip was more like four, and Justin has let go of his expectation of going as far as we can without a bathroom break. I think we could have made it around Colonial Williamsburg three times in the time it took us to see it once with Abigail. However, we wouldn’t have traded the experience of all three of us being together for anything. Here are a few pictures from our trip.

Abigail surprised us on Tuesday by saying “ahh-goo.” Although not a “real” word, we were so excited. Justin was playing with her on her activity mat saying “ahh-goo, ahh-goo” and suddenly she replied “ahh-goo.” I wish you could have seen the look on our faces. Oh, the simple joy’s of being parents.

You would never know by her sweet smile, but Abigail has been behind bars.








A family shot outside of the Colonial Williamsburg Post Office and Printing Press.








A picture of Abigail taking a break from the stroller. This was one of many stops that we made along the way.








A picture of Justin behind the pulpit at the Presbyterian Meetinghouse.









A few additional shots of us: the three of us in the Govener's Palace Garden, Abigail and I with a street vendor, and Abigail and Dad having some hangout time.

3 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

Jackey and Justin,
Abigail is really coming into herself. She's beautiful. I love her sweet eyes.

I remember going to Williamsburg as a child. I wasn't too interested in W-burg at the time, for I felt like my dad had drug all three of us for a history lesson. Ha! There were parts that were interesting even to a third grader, but they didn't keep my interest for too long.

Great educational experience for Abigail. :)

Jessica Mathisen said...

I think y'all are just about the cutest family ever! I am so happy for you Jackey! :)

Stephanie said...

What a fun family time-a memory yall will have forever! I hope yall loved it up there as much as we do. :) Sounds like it went really well...and I hear ya on traveling with a baby! I'm just wondering what our first road trip will be like with 2 now?!
Thanks for all of your prayers, encouragement, and info this week!
Stephanie Lyon