Thursday, July 12, 2007

Count Down to July 23

Well, as new parents, the last couple of days have been very interesting. Not knowing what to expect, we have paid close attention to every sign that Abigail's arrival is drawing near. I have had a lot of back pain and cramping since our last doctor's visit - all of which could be signs that labor is forthcoming. However, Justin and I went for our weekly check-up yesterday, and the doctor said that I was only 1 cm dilated. She explained that most of my aches and pains can be attributed to Abigail's size (estimated at about 7 - 7 1/2 pounds) and my small stature. She also said that every thing is on schedule for me to deliver on time. So...for all of the eager grandparents reading this, I would check the travel forecast for around July 23. As a result, Justin and I will have some time to spend together before Abigail comes. As I mentioned before, tomorrow is my last day of work. So...that potentially gives Justin and I a full week to spend with each other before our lives are forever changed.

5 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

Perrys,
We are more than excited for ya'll!!! Yeah!! Please let us know if and when we can do anything for you. I love the fact that I'm going to have someone near me starting next week. Love it.

Blessings,
Hollie

Lindsey said...

We are so excited for you guys! Cant wait to see sweet Abigail once she arrives :)

The Isham's

Katie said...

We can't wait to see Abigail. Aubrey has been sitting by the computer waiting to see her new friend! We hope that mom and Abigail are resting well. We love you guys.

The Banks

Joy said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you and look forward to meeting little Abigail! I know she is adorable and you are thrilled to have her in your arms! Let us know if we can do anything for you.
Love,
Joy and Tony

Lindsey said...

Congrats on the early arrival of your sweet little girl! Look forward to seeing pictures of the precious little one :)