Thursday, September 20, 2007

Two reasons to celebrate.










This week has been an eventful week. Tuesday Abigail turned two months old, and Justin and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. Over the past few days, I have reflected on two of the most important days of my life and my immediate response is, "What a gracious God. He has not only given me the gift of eternal life, but He has also blessed me in ways I don't deserve." What a privilege it is to be a wife and a mother! I praise the Lord for Justin and Abigail, and the oppertunity I have to love and serve them daily. One of the ways we "celebrated" Abigail turning two months old was with yet another trip to the pediatrician. As I am sure you can all tell from the pictures, she is growing like a weed. They weighed and measured her at the doctor's office and she is now 13 pounds 11 ounces and almost 24 inches long. That puts her in the 95 percentile for her height and off the chart for her weight. To say the least, the doctor's are pleased with her growth. They also said that she is developing well. They want her to spend more time playing on her stomach so that she can learn to hold up the big head she inherited from her dad. But, other than that, they said that she is doing great developmentally. The only not so good news is she may have "reflux." Justin and I were shocked at the news because she is not a fussy baby, or a spitty baby. But, they said that all of the other symptoms are there. So...we are trying her on Zantac for a month to see if that makes any difference in her behavior. I am attaching some of the lastest pictures and working on a video. So... keep an eye out for that.

Lastly, Justin has spent the last few days at the Acts 29 Church Planting Boot Camp in Raleigh. It is an event that provides helpful information for individuals considering North American church planting. I think it has given him alot to think about and possibly some much needed direction about what the future holds for us in ministry. I know he is still processing all that he learned, so I will let him share more about it in a future post.

We love you all and miss you very much.

4 comments:

Eddie Johnson said...

Great Pics

Stephanie said...

i love that first picture of the side-profile smile, and i have that same picture of AK sleeping with her hands up and out like that! isn't that just too sweet?!
her weight being aoff the charts is a feeling few moms ever get to feel-so amazing, and such a praise! can't wait to hear how the Acts 29 is helping lead yall...
Steph

Stephanie said...

oh yeah-happy anniversary! duh! we will celebrate our 6 year in 2 weeks from today! praise the Lord for the gift of godly marriages, huh?! much love, sister.
steph

Lindsey said...

happy anniversary! it was our anniversary too :)